Tuesday 23 February 2010

On-Off fashion week crazy-ness...

Omg what a week its been...seriously I have never been sooo tired in my entire life, but worth it? er yes totally!
I have gained so much knowladge and understanding into how the world of fashion shows work, believe me its not all glamour!!! but overall the week was really enjoyable, I met some great people and saw some AMAZING designs and shows!


I spent the week doing the following tasks:
  • backstage; dressing models, going on food runs (spent £100 in pret for the models!) cleaning up after shows, collecting things for the designers.
  • general odd body; moving boxes (I have NEVER seen sooo much evian water before!), moving manikins to go in the exhibtion, moving plinths, cleaning...more cleanin
  • Front of house; sometimes had to help out front of house as not enough people turned up, basically had to stand about when the general public were in- to give them advice if they needed, also had to stand at very front of house, holding umbrellas with 'ON-OFF' on them for advertisment
  • Party; helped out in the evening with one of the parties!, was very tough working from 10:00am-12:00am but we mananged it!, spent the evening collecting glasses, cleaning broken glass, collecting things for people, standing around guiding people/guarding the out of bounds area, also ended up serving champagne for the sugababes! (not something that happens every day!) was really good to help out and I enjoyed listening to the music and meeting some very random fashion-istas!

throughout the week I helped out backstage with these shows: Ashley Isham, Mr & Mr, Belle Sauvage and Falguni & Shane Peacock!

and my favourite shows were definatly:Falguni & Shane Peacock, Pam Hogg and Ziad Ghanem

I thouroulgy enjoyed the week and am hoping to possibly go back and help again sometime in the future!
A piece by Belle Sauvage at On-Off LFW, Image sourced from: 'Demotix.com'

No comments:

Post a Comment