Friday 13 November 2009

Thursday 12th and Friday 13th = lots of pattern cutting and constructing...

OK so these past two days have been pretty hectic to say the least, with lots more knowledge to cram into my already overflowing brain!!!!

Thursday 12Th - Pattern Cutting:
So yesterday we started to learn about sleeves with gathering and button holes on shirts. At the beginning making the sleeve seemed like a long process, with lots of tracing, re-tracing oh and guess what more tracing?? finally though we all had a pattern for a gathered sleeve and I plan on using this at some point soon; seeing as it took me so long to do!!!!
Overall pattern cutting seems to be getting better, the information is actually sinking in now and I feel more like I know what I'm doing...even though I still do make millions of mistakes! :)

Friday 13Th (uh oh bad luck day?) - Construction
today we began making our A-line skirts, once we had cut out our patterns onto material (which took us all morning for some reason? ha ha too much talking maybe!!!!) we then looked at different inter facings and tested them. Near the end of the day we began sewing the back of the skirt together and adding the zip (which may I add I was DREADING!). I found this process the most difficult of the day, but what I learnt will definately be good for future reference!. At 4:30 I still hadn't finished my zip, so I will stay after on Monday to make sure I catch up ready for next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment