Sunday 14 March 2010

Construction continued...

Sooo today we carried on with our patterns, On Monday I re-drew my patterns as I had made a few errors, but I was ready to begin cutting the pattern out onto calico. Placing the pattern pieces took longer then expected due to advice from a tutor in that the way I was laying my pattern out was economically wasteful- so bearing this in mind, I tried to think of the best possible way to cut the pattern out. When I had sewn the darts in and put the outfit together I realised that the top half was too big, so adjusted this by taking out 1cm- I later came to see that in order to remove the right amount you have to pin the garment from both sides and measure from both as opposed to having all the material on one side which would equal in just taking material more off one side.

Near the end of the day I became quite stressed as each time I adjusted the outfit it still didn't fit the manikin! but I still have a week left to complete it and each mistake I make I bear in mind whilst constructing the rest of the garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment