Thursday 4 March 2010

Designs become reality....

With my flat drawing, illustration and pattern cutting equipment I began the day in a dazed and very confused state! I didn't really have a clue where to start and was very worried about beginning the pattern. Basically to start with I decided I would need to use a 'Bodice block' to create the top half of my dress, after much measuring and drawing out I needed help as the front and back pieces didn't match...we then found out I had done it wrong! After two failed attempts I finally began to successfully draw out my pattern.

At the moment its a working progress but tomorrow I'm planing on finishing the pattern, adding seam allowance and cutting it all out...

I was surprised how much I enjoyed pattern cutting today as I normally struggle a lot and I did struggle but I feel I have improved so much since we first began! so overall a very unexpected successful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment