Tuesday 30 March 2010

easter hols - back to the shire!

These past couple of weeks have been so hectic with creating my toile, I have learnt so much and taken alot on board so its nice to know I have two weeks to catch up on rest (and continue with my dress)

I'm pretty pleased with how my toile review went, all the tutors opinions seemed on par with mine and when creating my final dress I have taken on board to make the wavy pieces 4cm longer, as when the model walks along it will have more movement and look more effective. Although I had to re-make my toile many times I think as a result of this, I now have more knowledge on taking in clothes and taking clothes out, I am also much more confident on the sewing machine then I was when I first started in septemeber.

The next stage is to cut out my pattern peices on my final material, I'm not planning on starting to sew the garment till after easter though, as I would much prefer to use the uni sewing machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment