Saturday 13 November 2010

Anya's second lesson

After a very busy, stressful week it was really nice to know we had Anya's lesson on the Friday which I find very interesting and fun (which I never thought I'd say about a lecture!!!) We began the day by looking at what sort of attitude we need to make it in the fashion industry and I really liked the quote
 "YOU ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST SALE"
other tips we got were:
  • No time like the present
  • Talk the right language
  • Brain storming
  • Start quoting the right designers
  • LOOK AT DRAPERS RECORD!
  • Know the big topics


After this we had to stand up and say our favourite designers, why and an iconic designers
FAVOURITE DESIGNERS:
at the moment its all about the Japanese designers for me, I loveee the style they portray and the sculptured outfits are so beautiful. So with this in mind I think Junya Watanabe and Issey Miyake are 'shittt hot!'

In the afternoon we had to create a muse of which we could aspire to for creating a range, my group were called 'THE CHUNGS' as we had picked ALEXA CHUNG as our muse, we created a mood board with images of what Alexa Chung likes/eats/lives like etc and then created another mood board for our target customer.
(images of our boards to be added later)


No comments:

Post a Comment