Sunday 7 November 2010

Garment Technology

On Friday we had our first lesson with Anya. She introduced herself and told us about some of the work she has done, which I found very awe-inspiring. I would like to have achieved such accomplishments by the time I'm her age. We then had to introduce ourselves telling her Why fashion? Where do I see myself in five years? What is my dream job? and finally what is the health of the fashion industry?
  • I chose fashion because I love the whole process from designing and having the flat drawings, to having the pattern pieces to finally having a 3d garment. Another reason why I chose fashion is because I'd like the capability of making people feel good in their clothes, designs that could flatter everyone.
  • My dream job would to be designing clothes for high street stores and eventually working my way up to maybe doing some designing for fashion houses, but who knows where five years will take me!
  • With the health of the fashion industry I think all the high street shops are becoming too similar, trying to be like each other and not aiming their clothing at their target customer but instead trying to be other shops. We definitely need more individuality.
We then went to castle point to have a look at the different fashion shops window displays, how the shop was layed out and where the clothing was made. I found the lesson very interesting and didn't get bored as she had such a different approach to teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment