Monday 29 November 2010

Drape galoreee

Today I went into uni because I really felt I need to push forward with the whole drape situation and sort out the top half of the dress. With a mind full of optimism and a belly full of canteen pasta I approached the drape from a different angle. Basically when pinned on the stand I marked out EVERY pleat (well tried to) because this time the drape WAS NOT GOING TO DEFEAT ME. After this I re-marked out the pleats on my pattern and cut out in fabric again. I also began sewing today and the drape looks sooo much better. which is very pleasing. Tomorrow my toile drape will hopefully be finished....and good enough to then cut out onto final fabric on Wednesday (I am GOING to stay in uni TILL I FINISH the toile)

Here's some pictures of my progress:


No comments:

Post a Comment