Tuesday 9 November 2010

DRAPING...DAY ONE

Sooo after four weeks of intense and very strict fitted jacket making we are now free to run and drape as we wish! I was verrry nervous about starting draping today as I have gotten so used to following instructions to a T so it was a shock to then go off and be able to create pretty much whatever we wanted! I actually really enjoyed draping even though not all of my drapes worked out how I hoped they would and I have draped and re-draped so many times I'm sure my hands are going to fall off! At the end of the day I had one particular drape of which I preferred most, so tomorrow I am going to spend the day possibly re-draping this (from a photograph) to perfect it and then move on and make a pattern and RE-drape again to see if it all fits together well!
Loveee the back of this- would very much like to change the back of my current final drape to this as I think there is alot more detail going on


I really liked how the material hung when draped like this- May try to incorporate into final drape!

Possible final drape- needs working into however ^

^ Back of the final drape- again needs to be worked on but I am overall pleased with the progress

I can definitely see myself draping for my final collection as I found the whole process of trying out different drapes to get designs really helpful as opposed to just flat designing in a sketch book.


No comments:

Post a Comment